QuestWorld – Shipwrecked is the first of hopefully a long series of the QuestWorld adventure RPG map.
Created by Smenx and his team, QuestWorld is an old classic adventure RPG map made during the early stages of Minecraft and therefore lacks the most recent functionality and blocks of the game. Thus you will not see any pistons, hoppers, or even Redstone repeaters.
Although the creators have lost interest in updating the map or continuing QuestWorld 2, this map became a timeless classic and serves as a look back on what Minecraft look like when it was still at its early stages.
About the Map
You were shipwrecked on a populated place with no way of getting back home, your goal is to help people in the immediate area with their quests to get access to new cities. Unlocking new cities opens up opportunities for better rewards and dozens of new quests. If you have lived well in the world, you will then go to heaven and find resolution.
Questworld is based on a unique system (during that time it was very difficult to do it) that uses redstone wiring. The authors are proud to use completely vanilla elements on building the world without the help of piston – yet still getting the same effect.
Just like every other adventure or role playing maps, this too comes with rules.
1. You can’t destroy any blocks other than the dirt
2. You may kill, craft, and steal items as you role play.
3. You must stay with in the boundaries marked by snow pillars at all times.
4. You may only place & break the following items: Torches, redstone torches, signs, cakes, and paintings.
5. You are now allowed to place redstone torches in front of doors to open it, unless stated otherwise.
6. You are not allowed to place lava, water, and dirt anywhere unless stated otherwise. (replacing dirt block is allowed if you accidentally get yourself stuck because of digging)
7. Play on peaceful mod, or play on other difficulty but make sure no creepers blow up.
How to Install QuestWorld: Shipwrecked
Download the map here.
Hold the Windows key and press R to open the Run… dialog, or access it via the start menu.
Type in %appdata% and navigate to .minecraft\saves
Unzip the .zip file from step 1 and place the folder in this directory.
Run the launcher without mods, select single player, and start the game!
The map has a total of 122 diamonds. How many can you find?