This skin by Stargazer293 transforms players into a dog, about half the size of a normal character. The dog appears to be a German Shepherd – one of the most popular dog breeds in the world. While the texture is neat and well-done, the model itself is unusual. The face of the dog can be seen from the back and it seems horizontally squished. Most non-humanoid skins face a similar problem. Aside from that, if you’ve ever wanted to experience Minecraft as an adorable German Shepherd, here’s your chance!
Installing the Skin
For online play, skins can be installed by simply uploading the file to your profile on Minecraft.net. Skins posted on certain websites can be uploaded directly from their page, including this one; click on the button on the right-hand side labeled “upload to Minecraft” to be taken directly to the appropriate page.
For offline play only, the process is similar to installing mods:
1. Download the skin’s .png file;
2. Hold Windows key and press R to bring up the Run… dialog, or go to Start > Run.
3. Type %appdata% and press enter, then navigate to roaming/.minecraft/versions.
4. Open the folder containing the version you use for offline play and view the .jar file using WinRAR.
5. Create a backup of the meta.inf file contained inside the .jar and store it in a separate folder.
6. Navigate within the .jar file to assets/minecraft/textures/entity.
7. Rename the image file titled “steve” to anything else (such as steve_backup).
8. Change the name of your skin’s .png file to steve.png and insert it here.
Remember to keep your meta.inf and original steve texture safe!